Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rhode Island

This past weekend I took my first trip to Rhode Island to see my cousin Kev marry his lady love, Jess. We went to Newport where they were married in an outdoor ceremony in a setting that bordered on unreal at Castle Hill Inn. I am not sure I can put into words the love I have for weddings in general, but especially family weddings. Everytime I think I have overestimated how awesome my family is we have a weekend like this. We, literally, danced the entire night. There were multiple circles with some crazy moves happening in the middle. In fact, we got so into the dancing that my brother managed to convince the supervisor to allow some of the servers to dance with us in a dance off. They absoloutely wiped the floor with us, so it wasn't much of a dance off. When the people running the show finally realized we would never stop on our own they politely reminded us that we had to leave eventually. We listened, kind of. After a quick stop to change into our jammies, we then headed to a jazz bar on the beach and when THAT closed we decided to keep the party rockin on the beach where we got up a game of night volleyball. The next morning over breakfast we found out my cousins got pulled over for WALKING UNDER THE INFLUENCE, the cops flashed their lights and everything. True Story! To recap....amazing!


Sealing it with a kiss..
The Elmendorfs, all dressed up
All the female cousins, first time in over a decade....and the gang right after the worst game in history ended

No comments:

Post a Comment