Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Closing up camp

We headed up to the lake this weekend for one last weekend and to close up the camp for winter. It was a beautiful, if chilly, weekend. The leaves have been slowly changing since the beginning of September and the colors are really starting to show up. I've never been in New England this time of year before and I am already stunned at the vibrance of the colors that are popping out. There are still a couple more weeks until fall foliage is at its peak and I really can't wait. Anyway we had a really nice weekend with lots of family up for the weekend to help out, seeing as how us Elmendorfs are total rookies at closing a camp. I would like to say I was helpful but all I did was sweep a little and put some of the outdoor stuff, indoors. The boys were more productive, clearing the water lines, shutting the water off and taking both our docks and my grandparents docks out of the water. I very much appreciate that I did not have to get in the water, considering the temp dropped into the 30s on Friday night, but the boys seemed to enjoy it. I also got one more boat ride in when I went with my gramp to take the boat out of the water for the winter. While I was sad to see everything closed up for the winter, I am also well aware that this was just the inaugural year and there are many more to come. This first one will go down as the cold, rainy and totally amazing (shed a tear)!





1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that you had never seen the lake at that time of year. I think that is when it is most beautiful...

    ReplyDelete