Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekends

Last weekend, through a series of random events, I ended up having an impromptu weekend in Cincinnati. While there I had what can only be described as an awesome weekend. I made friends on the plane ride down and barely noticed that I left my phone in Vermont by accident. I had great times with family and friends both in partying and relaxing environments, plus my first Bengals game of the season which was a total WHO DEY win over the Ravens. When you have weekends like that its sometimes hard to return to the new life that you have set up hundreds of miles away. So when some of my new friends/coworkers wanted to hang out this weekend I jumped at the chance. I love my coworkers, they keep me sane in a job that is constantly trying to drive me crazy. It seems that some of our job requirements are a slightly off sense of humor and either a dysfunctional or non-existant filter between our brains and mouths. Saturday I met with one of my friends in Stowe where we tried out one of the less ritzy places called The Shed, and even then we went to the pub side and not the dining room side. It was great, homey and warm on a rainy and cold night. We had good food and good conversation and I got to try a new place out, which I rarely get to do. Sunday two of my coworkers came over to my apartment, which is also a rare occurence since i don't live all that close to either one of them. I got to be a hostess which is one of my most favorite and most missed things to be. Part way through the night I realized that somehow I had slipped into adulthood along the way. Sadly this epiphany came with chocolate, when I actually paused while serving coffee with dessert because it seemed like such a grown up thing to do. Although, now that I think about it, if behaving like an adult makes me giggle I guess I'm not quite there, haha. Anyway, whether partying till 6 AM in Cinci or serving coffee with the brownies in Vermont I am a happy girl to be able to go back to my hometown and have such a rockstar weekend then to follow it with a nice, relaxing, comedy filled weekend with friends in the place I am making a new kind of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment