Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday memories

In honor of my mom's birthday, and Thanksgiving, today I am going to tell you one of my favorite moments ever from my mom's birthdays over the years (also included is mom doing shots of jager straight from the bottle on her 40th and Drew catching on fire at her 50th). When we were younger my dad often was the man in charge on school holidays since he usually had the same days off. Well this particular year mom's birthday fell on the day before Thanksgiving and we were home with dad all day while mom worked. We spent a good portion of the day working very hard on a SURPRISE chocolate cake for mom's big day. We also spent quite a bit of time trying to explain to 3 year old Megan why we it was fun to make a surprise cake and that she absoloutely couldn't tell mom under any circumstances. She asked some questions but seemed to get it. That night as we were finishing dinner dad said something along the lines of dinner being over and Megan, with chocolate on her brain and an incredulous look said "what about the cake?" Immediately angry that she had spilled the beans about the cake I quite firmly reprimanded that we were not supposed to tell mom about the cake. Megan looking sweet as a button looked at me and smiled and said "what cake?" To this day every time I think about it I laugh out loud. She always was a smart one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment