Monday, March 16, 2009

Part Deux

When I realized that I had left my computer and camera, among other things, in Maine I started making plans to go back this past weekend. My cousin Maria and I have spent most of our lives surrounded by the boy cousins we have in abundance, with very few moments to ourselves. So we decided we were going to have a girls night, no boys allowed which they did not appreciate one little bit. I drove to her house after work Friday, which is just heaven. I hadn't seen it yet, even though she's been there for over a year, and it's this great homey and rustic place in the woods. Maria is an art teacher and the colors and art everywhere are put together in a way I know I can't replicate and am insanely jealous of. Anyway we sat in her cozy living room with a fire roaring and the champagne and wine flowing, the giggling and silliness were at peak levels and generally had the time of our lives. We finally crashed out and somehow convinced ourselves the next morning to do an hour of yoga followed by an hour long walk around the lake by her house which has left me very sore. Sometimes there is nothing better then 24 hours in the company of people who have literally known you your whole life. All the fresh air and excercise left me exhausted so after dinner with my Uncle Mike, Aunt Steph, cousin Corey his girlfriend Jess and son Bryce I fell asleep very quickly. I spent the first part of Sunday watching my two little cousins Jordan and Alexander wrestle. There were literally hundereds of kids between the ages of 3 and 14 wrestling their hearts out, to the point where sometimes they were crying before they even got off the mat. It definitely made me cry a few times to see it. It was quite an adventure and well worth it because both Jordan and Alexander took home first place in their divisions, YAY!! I headed home after that, exhausted and elated all at the same time.


Hannah and Bryce stayed home during the wrestling match

Alexander winning his first of four matches..

Jordan winning his first of three matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment