Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Highlights

I thought maybe instead of explaining my WHOLE weekend I would just give you the highlights to sum up another fabulous one, so here they are in chronological order (haha)....
Friday-
*Starting the night out with my family by having everyone do a shot like we were celebrating my cousin Derik's 21st birthday instead of his 30th
*When our entire group of people accidentally went to a metal/punk band's show. Not only were we the only people not dressed in black and headbanging we were the only ones who ordered drinks and drank not even a third of them before leaving again.
*I am truly sad I missed the moment when the creepy old man who spent his night hitting on various female relatives turned to my uncle mike and said "I saw her first," about my cousin Shannon, who is his daughter. All together now, "EWWWW!"
*Ending the night somewhere around 3am with guitar hero and yet another shot and Doritos that were like eating fire
Saturday-
*Watching the birthday boy try to make himself feel better by washing some bread and butter pickles down with some orange juice. yuck!
*Taking my little cousin Madison, age 7, to the Hannah Montana movie where I found myself convinced that popcorn and gummy bears was a perfectly acceptable lunch
*Dying easter eggs with Madi, Derik and Janelle. This process is way more complicated now then when we were kids and used spoons.
Sunday-
*Easter church and a totally delicous brunch with various family members at my cousin Maria's place, followed by chocolate and a discussion that mostly revolved around "Master's Naps" (naps that occur on the sunday of the master's golf tournament, which apparently are the best naps ever) which Beno didn't hear because he was in the middle of his.
*Laughing so hard I cried, and then continuing to laugh until my contact actually popped out while hanging with my cousin Brian and his girlfriend Lindsey. This lasted for approximately 5 hours, my core muscles got a great workout.
Monday-
*Realizing spring is definitely here when we were alternating between playing basketball and baseball in the street and the younger boys were out riding their bikes around in the sunshine.

1 comment: