Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moving in..

The drive itself wasn't too bad, although I did run into some serious weather up by lake Erie in Ohio (pictured below, and yes I know it's dangerous to take pictures while driving).
I will tell you this though, driving 14 hours by yourself will make your mind wander in ridiculous ways. I had to stop and reconsider all my bright ideas the next day when I was well rested and thinking straight. I spent the first night in Peru, NY with my aunt Sarah where she fed me a yummy dinner and a glass of wine by the fire before I knocked out. The next day I crossed lake Champlain on a ferry into Vermont, my new home state. After a quick meeting with my new boss I headed to my new apartment, which I had only seen pictures of. I unloaded my HEAVILY packed car and made myself at home, before I headed to the post office and grocery store. Since that little trip I haven't left my cozy little place, I have spent my time watching football, reading and setting up my new life, all by internet of course. I promise, however, after I start my new job tomorrow morning I will head off to explore this new world I have entered and will share whatever I find. Until then, everytime I feel a little sad or wonder at my decision I look out the sliding glass doors at the back of my apartment and see the vision below (only much better in person, I promise you). Wish me luck!!


















2 comments:

  1. That view is wonderful! :)

    Glad you're enjoying Vermont thus far...

    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, it looks beautiful. I am so happy for you! You are such an inspiration for putting yourself out there! What an amazing experience! I wish you all the best! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete