Sunday, January 18, 2009

What a day...

I kinda feel like today was one of those days that was supposed to happen on multiple days, know what I mean? I woke up in New Hampshire, after spending saturday cozy and comfy with movies playing and laundry getting done at my Aunt Erin's. Now I knew I had to work tonight, so waking up to snow was not a bonus moment. After a quick breakfast of oatmeal (made on the stove top), with real maple syrup in it and coffee I got on the road. Now remember how I mentioned that people thought I was nuts for not having snow tires, today I get it. Mom stop reading....I totally fishtailed on the highway, luckily most people heeded the forecasters advice to stay indoors so I was at that time completely alone on the road. I made it home in nowhere near record time, and only had time to grab a diet coke and a shower before I headed out the door for work. Five minutes down the road I saw a pickup truck coming the opposite direction go off the side of the road and flip their truck upside down. I immediately pulled over and was getting ready to get out when I noticed that, literally, everyone else had stopped too, so I was one of the few who got back in my car and continued down the road. I've been wondering all day if that makes me a bad person, but I had people depending on me on the other end, and me not showing up could have gone badly as well, so it probably works out. Then to top it off I spent most of the evening at a high school dance. WOW!! one more time WOW!! I actually saw a high school girl rocking a dress with BUTT CLEAVAGE!! I was constantly torn between staring at the hot chaperone, totally hot, and waiting for one of these girls to have their worst nightmare come true at any moment. I also saw a girl dressed to the nines, sit at a table and get out a book, loved that girl! I'm exhausted, gonna go sleep now! Maybe dream a little about the chaperone....

No comments:

Post a Comment